[China Refrigeration Network] Many old masters must have known for a long time whether to add gas or liquid when filling refrigerant. They often see people asking whether to add gas when filling refrigerant. Or is it liquid? Here is a summary for your reference.
1. Three Concepts
Single working medium refrigerant, non-azeotropic mixed refrigerant and azeotropic refrigerant, single working medium refrigerant: the refrigerant component has only one working medium; Non-azeotropic refrigerants: refrigerants formed by mixing more than two different refrigerants in a certain proportion. In a saturated state, the components of gas and liquid phases are different. Azeotropic refrigerant: an azeotropic mixture formed by mixing more than two different refrigerants in a certain proportion. Such refrigerants can maintain a certain evaporation temperature under a certain pressure, and their gas-liquid two-phase composition ratio will always remain unchanged.
2. Liquid or gaseous?
1) No matter whether the single working medium refrigerant is gaseous or liquid, the composition inside will not change, so the refrigerant can be filled with gaseous state.
2) Although the components of azeotropic refrigerants are different, since the boiling points are the same, the components of gas and liquid are also the same, so gas can be filled.
3) Non-azeotropic refrigerants have different boiling points, so the composition of liquid refrigerants and gaseous refrigerants are actually different. If gaseous refrigerants are added at this time, the composition of the added refrigerants will inevitably be different. For example, only a certain gaseous refrigerant is added, so only liquid refrigerant can be added.
3, why can't all add liquid
A lot of small partners saw this and wondered in their hearts, since it is so difficult to distinguish, I add liquid to any refrigerant, so it is not enough to ensure the same composition? Wrong, big mistake; As we all know, in general, the refrigerant charge needs to be added after the equipment is turned on and from the suction port of the compressor.
Go in; If the liquid refrigerant is added, it is equivalent to the liquid refrigerant entering the suction port of the compressor, which obviously causes the liquid impact of the compressor. Damage to compressor.
4. Summarize common refrigerant liquid or gaseous state
Having said so much, many small partners can't look down on it. Here, we will directly summarize whether common refrigerants are liquid or gaseous, for your reference when repairing.
1) Add gaseous refrigerants: R13, R134a, R22, R23, R290, R32, R500, R600a
2) Add liquid refrigerant: R401A, R410A, R4110B, R407C, R404A;
So many refrigerants, believe small partners also can't remember clearly. One sentence tells you the secret: as long as the refrigerant at the beginning of R4* is liquid, the rest is gaseous.